Monday 29 October 2012

29 October - Solution for the last clue and the next cryptic crossword clue



Intense anger about new stove (5)

Solution – range

This was a container clue – that is the solution is made up of one word which contains another letter or word. 

Intense anger = rage

If you put it "about" n for new, you get "range" which also means stove.



Today’s cryptic crossword clue solution tomorrow

American soldier freed at once, remarkably (11)
Source of clue – NZ Herald


Hint - the solution is an anagram of "freed at once".
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I got this one too Carole! The hints really help! Thanks! Hopefully soon I won't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! New follower via GFC via the I Love my Online Friends GFC Blog Hop! Would love to have you as a follower, too!

    Kristy @ Shona Skye Creations
    http://shonaskye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers