Friday 7 September 2012

(Ain't Got No) Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones





Satisfaction is a great rock song, of course.  But when you listen now to Stones albums, you realise how far music production has come since the 60’s.  Jagger attacks the vocals in his inimitable style.  He is another guy who didn’t impress me originally.  Something about those rubbery lips that repelled me.  But what a song.

The lyrics were regarded as threatening to the older generation – but they are so tame really.  Jagger wrote all the lyrics except for the title line which Keith Richards came up with along with the famous guitar riff.

Jagger has said that it was this song that created the Stones as a monster band.



4 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I didn't like the Rolling Stones at first, since I was so in love with Paul and The Beatles. Yeah, those thick lips were not my style either and plus, I didn't think Mick was cute at all. One day I heard the famous Satisfaction, (Ain't got No, lol)and that was it!..I did change my mind, I think I was 14-15. Thanks for sharing and have a happy weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certain I will have that song stuck in my head all evening :) Hope to be back for your Foodie Friday...hard to keep up with everything these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole
    I am a Luddite and would love to follow you but can't see how to do it

    ReplyDelete
  4. no I click on the Carole Chatter's link and the only words on the right are sign out and dashboard

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers