Monday 27 August 2012

Nigel Brown - sometimes dark but quirky artist


  

I do like Nigel Brown’s work – not all of it.  Some is a bit dark for my liking.  He has some interesting little quirks – like you will often find a little dog somewhere in the image.  There are often men in black singlets.



On gallery sites he is described as New Zealand’s leading figurative artist – whatever that exactly means.  He is a painter, print maker and has even done some stained glass works – most notably in the Holy Trinity Cathedral in Parnell.










3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I was completely unfamiliar with him and it is fun to learn a bit about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like those quirks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not heard of him before, interesting and I like the art work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers